Brief: This setting allows you to enable and disable some properties of the program such as enabling and disabling the program, cache, and more.
To control the settings of the enabling and disabling options
1- Login to the management control panel.
2- Choose (Settings) from the side menu then (Dimofinf Settings), as shown in the following picture:
3- A list will show up, choose(Turn Option on and off), as shown in the following picture:
4- The options of these settings will show up, as shown in the following picture:
- Activate Dimofinf: is a choice between enabling and disabling Dimofinf CMS; noting that in case of disabling it, a message that the website is unavailable will show up.
- Reason For Turning Dimofinf Off: the message that will show up to the website visitors in case of choosing to deactivate the website.
- Enable Who's Online: is choosing to enable or disable displaying the currently active users.
- Activation status: will be as shown in the following picture:
- Deactivation status: the block of displaying the current users will disappear.
- Activate Search: is choosing to enable or disable the website search engine.
- Activate Statistics: is choosing to enable or disable displaying the website statistics at the bottom of the page about the number of contents within modules, the number of members and the last registrars, as shown in the following picture.
- Activate Plugins: is enabling or disabling plugins and accessories system.
- Activate URL Rewriting: is converting URLs system from (php) to (html).
- Activate Short URLs: is choosing to enable or disable the short URLs system. To shorten URLs, you have to activate the URL rewriting option firstly.
- Activate Short URL Followed By Title: to activate the short URL followed by an address property, you have to activate the short URLs and URL rewriting options.
- Activate Cache System: Dimofinf Cache system is a very advanced system that makes the pages open quickly in a dramatic way. We recommend to activate it to reduce the load of the hosted server. you can modify the cache purge time through the scheduled tasks.
- Caching Timeout: is the remaining period of cache in minutes before deleting it, and it should be more than 4 minutes.
- Automatic Newsletter: if you activate this option, an email will be sent to all subscribers of the mailing list when any new content is added. We don’t extremely recommend activating this option.
- Activate Bookmarks: this option allows you to enable or disable displaying publishing websites department in the content page. When you activate this option, the publishing websites added through publishing websites settings will show up. Publishing websites URLs will displayed to the visitors only when they watch the content.
- Update Views Immediately: if you activate this option, it will allow you to update the number of views immediately after each new visit. If the website is large, it will affect the server performance somehow.
- Update Views By Session: if you activate this option, the number of views will be updated per session for each person, not per update of the content page.
- Abuse Notification: if you activate this option, an email will be sent to the admin when a violating content is reported.
- Abuse Notification Email: If you activate the previous option of violating sharing reporting email, you have to insert an email to send reports to.
- Activate Contact Us: is activating the (Contact Us) form in the website.
- Activate Tags: is the ability to enable or disable keywords inside contents.