Subscribe now to Dimofinf Mobile and enjoy a wide range of premium services. You will receive our SMS text messages wherever you are for a very low cost! More
To add content to the 'News' module
1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel.
2. From the modules menu, choose 'News' then 'Display sections'.
3. Click on the 'Add' icon in front of the desired section as shown in the following picture:
The following picture will appear after you click 'add':
Explaining the template in order:
• User: You can add the membership number you wish to add the content to and the name will appear as soon as you add the number. 'The registered and signed in membership/ID number will appear automatically.'
• Section: It is the section where the content will appear; the one we chose during the sections display.
• Title: The name by which the content will appear (it is advised not to add symbols or diacritics in the title, not to use a long title and to make sure the title is suitable for the content it'll be added to. This is done to help you when it comes to search engines).
• Headline: You can add a news headline below the main title instead of writing a long title.
• News Source: You can add the news source if you want to show it; like Al Arabiya, Al Jazeera, … etc.
• Brief: It is a brief description for the content which helps visitors and members learn about the section content.
• Content: You can add, edit and format your content and you can also use the WYSIWYG editor; if you have its plugin setup.
• Suggested tags: These tags are suggested according to the title you entered (it isn't necessary to choose all suggested tags as the selection process will be done automatically depending on the search engines and so, it is strongly advised to choose tags from the suggestions carefully).
• Tags: it is a way of helping you with regards to search engines.
• Picture: You can upload a picture for your news and you can upload more than one picture by clicking on 'more' and you can click on 'remove' to remove the picture.
• Choose the default picture: Enables you to choose a default picture for news from the news pictures.
• Caption/picture description: This is where you can add a description or caption for the news picture; in case you are using the default picture.
• Fixed: Through this option, you can choose to display the content within the fixed news module.
• Allow comments: Through this option you can allow or disallow visitors and members to comment on the content.
• Allow Pingbacks.
• Display in home: Through this option, you can choose to display the content on the homepage to get more views.
• Important files: This is where you can add your file to the important news block.
• Icons: Through this option you can choose to display an icon next to the content to show the availability of a sound, audio or video file.
• Status: This is where you can choose whether the content will be pending for approval or published; so, in order to display the content, choose 'published'.
• Publishing date: This is where you can control the content publishing date which will also be displayed in the interface.
How to add a section?This explanation is to be implemented on all modules (news, articles,...
To edit or delete sections 1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel. 2. From the modules...
To edit or delete content 1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel. 2. From the modules...
To view the 'News settings': ...