- Before attempting the installation of the security certificate, you need to make sure that the following requirements are met:
- Create an email on the website you would like to install the security certificate on provided that the account name is: [email protected] where domain.com is the domain name you will install the certificate on.
- The steps for installing the security certificate can be summarized as follows:
- Create a CSR from the cPanel
- Complete the request steps in the Client area
- Validate and approve the security certificate via the email you will receive after you complete the steps
- Install the security certificate through the cPanel after acquiring the security certificate code CRT.
- Creating CSR from the cPanel
- Sign in to your website cPanel by following the steps of the next explanation:
- Keep the shadowed CSR code shown in the picture above as you will use it to complete the request and generate the certificate
- Click on 'Active services'
4. Installing the security certificate through the cPanel after acquiring the security certificate code CRT
- After you download the file, uncompress it to find a file named 'www_domain_tld.crt'; this has the security certificate code and it should be opened using a word processing program to get its content then return to the cPanel and log into the security certificate installation page.- The last step we performed in the cPanel was generating the CSR and getting the code and by returning to the same page, you will find 'Return to SSL Manager' at the bottom of the page. Click on it to return to the SSL/TLS page:
- By performing these steps, the security certificate will have been installed successfully on your website and you can test the installation by visiting this link: