To add content to the 'Downloads' module
1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel.
2. From the modules menu, choose 'Downloads' then 'Display sections'.
3. Click on the 'Add' icon in front of the desired section as shown in the following picture:
The following picture will appear after you click 'add':
Explaining the template in order:
• User: You can add the membership number you wish to add the content to and the name will appear as soon as you add the number. 'The registered and signed in membership/ID number will appear automatically.'
• Section: It is the section where the content will appear; the one we chose during the sections display.
• Title: The name by which the content will appear (it is advised not to add symbols or diacritics in the title, not to use a long title and to make sure the title is suitable for the content it'll be added to. This is done to help you when it comes to search engines).
• Picture: The picture that will appear when the content is displayed.
• Brief: It is a helping description for the content which helps visitors and members learn about the section content.
• Description: It is a helping description for the content which helps visitors and members learn about the section content and this description is shown when content are displayed.
• Suggested tags: These tags are suggested according to the title you entered (it isn't necessary to choose all suggested tags as the selection process will be done automatically depending on the search engines and so, it is strongly advised to choose tags from the suggestions carefully).
• Tags: It is a way of helping you with regard to search engines.
• File: This is the file you want to upload and display and it is uploaded to your website.
• Content file URL: If you have a direct or indirect download URL for your file, you can use this option instead of uploading your file as in the previous step.
• Details: Optional choices which you can use depending on the file type you added. If you don't add content, the details won't be displayed.
• Fixed: Through this option, you can choose to display the content within the fixed Downloads module.
• Allow comments: Through this option you can allow or disallow visitors and members to comment on the content.
• Allow Pingbacks.
• Display in home: Through this option, you can choose to display the content on the homepage to get more views.
• Important download: This is where you can add your file to the important downloads block.
• Status: This is where you can choose whether the content will be pending for approval or published; so, in order to display the content, choose 'published'.
• Publishing date: This is where you can control the content publishing date which will also be displayed in the interface.
How to add a section?This explanation is to be implemented on all modules (news, articles,...
The collective importing system allows you to import content by uploading it to the...
To edit or delete sections 1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel. 2. From the modules...
To edit or delete content 1. Sign in the Administration Control Panel. 2. From the modules...