Adding Membership groups
Using this feature, you can create new membership groups and give them the suitable permissions.
To add a new membership group and set its permissions, please follow the next steps:
1. Sign in to the Administration Control Panel.
2. From the side menu, choose 'Membership groups management' then (Add).
These options will appear as in the following picture:
* Using this feature, you can choose a group and copy its properties to the new group.
• Title: the group name/title which will appear within the Control Panel.
• Description: details related to the group and this is where you can add information related to the group as a reminder.
• User title: that will appear under the member name.
• Username HTML markup: you can use HTML markup to design a start and an end to decorate the username as desired.
- Permissions settings: we'll use one example for permissions control which is the 'Editor’s permissions':
Activate Dimofinf BBCode editor:
1. Allow HTML: allows the usage of HTML codes within the editor (we don't recommend that but this permission can be granted to trusted members).
2. Allow BB codes: allows the usage of BBCodes anywhere such as [php], [html] … etc., provided that these are activated in Dimofinf settings.
3. Allow Basic BBCode:CODE :[B]
Used to allow bold text.CODE :[I]
Used to allow Italic text.CODE :[U]
Used to allow underlined text.
4. Allow Colors BBCode:
- [COLOR]: used to allow editing the selected text color.
- [HIGHLIGHT]: used to allow highlighting the selected text background.
5. Allow font Size BBCode:
- [SIZE]: used to allow controlling the font size.
6. Allow Font BBCode:
- [FONT]: used to allow editing the font type.
7. Allow Alignment BBCode:
- [ALIGN]: formatting the alignment to left, right or center.
- [JUSTIFY]: used to make all sentences the same length.
- [LEFT]: used to make the selected sentence aligned to the left.
- [CENTER]: used to make the selected sentence aligned to the center of the page.
- [RIGHT]: used to make the selected sentence aligned to the right.
- [INDENT]: used to specify the empty space at the beginning of the text.
8. Allow List BBCode:
- [LIST]: used to allow bulleted lists.
9. Allow Link BBCode
- [URL]: to add a hyperlink.
- [EMAIL]: used to allow the addition of an email address.
- [COMMENT]: allows you to add a comment link by adding the comment link number which appears after the '#' symbol.
- [CONTENTLINK]: allows you to recall a content link previously added to a module.
10. Allow PHP BBCode:
- [PHP]: allows you to display PHP codes within the content.
11. Allow Multimedia BBCode:
- [POEM]: this tag is used to format the text in the form of a poem.
- [FRAME]: this tag is used to make a frame for an external page within the current page.
- [SITECODE]: this tag is used to execute multimedia (audio or video).
- [MULTIMEDIA]: this tag is used to add multimedia to the content and play it directly (pictures - video - flash - audio).
- [CONTENT]: this tag is used to add multimedia from within your website and play it directly.
12. Allow Code BBCode:
- [CODE]: allows you to display codes within the added content.
13. Allow HTML BBCode:
- [HTML]: allows you to display HTML codes within the content.
14. Allow IMG BBCode:
- [IMG]: this code allows you to add pictures to the content and display them directly.
15. Allow customized BBCode: using the customized BBCodes which are added through BBCodes preparations/combinations.
16. Allow saved text:
[If this option had been activated from the Dimofinf settings]
This feature allows you to save certain sentences to be used at later times like introductions or endings for a specific topic, which you would use repetitively. This feature makes it easier for you by not having to write these sentences every time.
17. Enable WYSIWYG Editor:
[If activated from module settings]
(This is in case one of the WYSIWYG Editors is installed from the plugins available at the market.
You may activate the rest of the settings as desired acording to what you would like to do with the permissions.
To view members of a certain group:1. Log in to the Administration Control Panel.2. From the...
To edit or delete a membership group:1. Log in to the Administration Control Panel.2. From the...